Skip to main content

Summer's Over Already

I am a fall and winter person.  I love the crisp dry air that comes with autumn.  The mornings are chilled and the smells are indescribable.  Summer is over already and I don't understand why it won't leave!  I'm fully prepared to tell the high temps to take a hike!  So, in an effort to help summer move along, I'm posting some pics from my end of summer photo shoots.  Maybe summer will get the message now and say "so long and farewell".




Trash the Dress with Matt and Jenna
Trashin' the Dress....

I had the pleasure of shooting Matt and Jenna's engagement portraits and wedding.  It was only befitting that I was able to shoot her "trash the dress" event.  We traveled to Oak Mountain State Park to romp in the water and melt in the sun!  A fun time was had by all and Matt and Jenna found creative ways to stay cool!



Kickin' it with Karly

Karly is the most precious granddaughter of a very dear customer.  She is adorable. Dark curls cover her head and her personality is just so sweet.  As everyone knows, kids are sponges soaking up everything around them.  Karly has recently learned to wave....and she does it well, with both hands!  Between my laughing and her waving, I was surprised I was able to get any decent still shots, but here is one of my favorites!


Audrey Synclaire 

Or Audrey Claire as she is called, is so full of spunk.  She has beautiful red hair and piercing blue eyes.  Audrey Claire is going to be drop dead gorgeous, just like her mom.  I had the opportunity to spend some time with this sweet baby before we started her shoot.  Her favorite pastime...wearing undies around her neck while playing.  To each her own, right?  We were able to persuade her to leave them behind for her portrait!

 
Lipstick Legend Portraits

I really enjoy shooting these portraits.  I like the fact that they give women the opportunity to see themselves as others see them....beautiful.  So often, because we are buried under laundry and waste away in carpool lines, we forget how attractive and alluring we are.  Lipstick Legend portraits are classic, timeless and elegant!  Jennifer is a perfect example!


Due to the fact that I have posted a few of my "end of summer" shoots, I think I can safely say to summer, hit the road Jack!


I'm just sayin',

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can you be a mom, a Christian AND a porn star?

While driving into work this morning, the radio station to which I frequently listen, held a discussion on whether or not a porn star could be a good mom. Some of the morning crew felt that you could not be a good mom, as you get caught up in a pornography lifestyle, which in turn, affects all other areas of your life. Some of the others felt you could participate in pornographic activities and be a good mom. A girl called in who stated that she was 24 years old, had 4 children and had recently become an internet “porn star” and had plans to broaden her horizons (to DVDs I suppose). She said she was a Christian and felt she was a good mom. I was a bit dumbfounded to say the least. I believe God is clear in His Word about being involved in promiscuous and sexual acts outside of marriage and what the consequences of those actions will be. When we become Christians, we set aside our old ways and conform to a new way of life. I do realize there are slips and times that we must ask for forg...

The Future of Farm Town

If you are an active member of Facebook, you are more than likely familiar with, on an intimate basis, a game called Farm Town. Farm Town is a virtual farm. You plow your land, plant your crops and reap the rewards (coins) of selling those crops at harvest time. You even have the ability to "prostitute" yourself in the village market by offering to harvest other farmers' crops. You can sell your farm for larger farms, purchase silos, waterwells, logs, barrels, pigs, chickens, roosters, goats....you get the picture. You beg your "farming" friends to send you gifts of animals and trees so that you will not have to make these expensive purchases yourself. After all, you are saving your coins so that you can buy that farming mansion and pond you've been lusting after on the neighboring farm. However, the future of Farm Town may be compromised. My son called earlier to let me know Facebook had a new virtual farm game called Farm Ville. He's at level ...

The Truth About Homemade Gravy

I enjoy cooking. While my own palate is not varied, (I’m a meat, potatoes and M&M’s kind of girl) I do enjoy preparing a variety of foods for my family. Whenever possible, and time permitting, I like to make things “from scratch” as opposed to opening up a mix of some sort. Stop laughing -- it’s true! Recently, my husband and I endeavored to prepare our own “from scratch” biscuits and gravy. Some of you may think this is the easiest and most natural thing in the world; however, homemade gravy has always intimidated me. I’ve never been able to get it right and always ended up with a blob of something that even the hungriest of dogs wouldn’t ingest. One morning, while preparing our homemade biscuits (a recipe we have now perfected), my husband suggested that we make our own gravy. WHAT??...Homemade gravy??...No way!! I immediately broke out in a sweat. I admitted to him that I had never been successful in preparing an edible gravy mixture. He insisted it couldn’t be that difficult an...