Skip to main content

You've Got the Look that I Don't!


I need a new look.  I’ve sported this same hairstyle and makeup routine for close to 10 years.  If you saw me 10 years ago and didn’t see me again until today, you wouldn't notice anything different about me….well, maybe the 15 added pounds.  Okay, it is really more like 20 pounds, but what is 5 pounds…more or less??!!

This past weekend, I spent much needed time at a day spa, utilizing a wonderful gift certificate I received for Mother’s Day.  Spending time at a day spa is a double-edged sword.  While I love the services I receive at the spa AND the fact the staff will pour you into your car when it is time to go home, I always feel horrible when I leave because I become more painfully aware of the many things about my appearance that I want to change.  The day spa staff are more than willing to help me change the things I want changed as long as I have the cash to pay for said changes.  I don’t have the cash; therefore, I cannot make the changes I desire.  

Below is my makeover wish list:

New haircut and style
New face and body products
Body contouring
Body firming
Face firming and resurfacing
Botox
Timeless peels – to make me look years younger by erasing those fine lines and wrinkles*

*Note: these peels actually remove layers of your skin and we all have unwanted layers of skin, right??

I will need a new wardrobe to go with the new body and face the spa is willing to let me purchase, so I will need a personal shopper who can make excellent trendy clothing recommendations.

Yes, I know about the dangers of spa dabbling.  After all, look at Heidi Montag…she started at a spa and then dove right into the hard stuff.  Okay, so don’t look at her.  I know it is difficult since her body parts are never in the same place from one photo shoot to the next, but I won't turn out like Heidi, I promise!   Since I am not independently wealthy from my lucrative modeling career, am not related to or having an affair with Bill Gates and am not an heir to the Warren Buffet fortune, I will not be able to afford all the changes I would like.  Therefore, I’m asking those around me to come to my aid!   I am not too proud to beg and will accept any and all donations to my cause!  I already color my hair and am never picky about the color, as long as it is not gray!  If you cut hair or desire to try some new makeup routines and need someone to be your prototype, I’m your girl.  If you have clothes you are getting rid of that are still in good shape, pick me as your donation box (sizes 5 and 7 please).  If you need 19 other people to share a vial of Botox, I will step up and be counted as one of those 19.  If you know of some home remedy that rids the body of that hideous cellulite while you are wrapped in saran wrap, aluminum foil and wax paper AND removes inches from your waistline – send me an e-mail!!  Even if it is experimental, you’ve found your guinea pig!  If you recently read about a new facial treatment that involves goat milk, bat hair and ricotta cheese….call me – I’m available!  After all, you're never to old to re-create yourself!

I’m just sayin’,

--Margo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Future of Farm Town

If you are an active member of Facebook, you are more than likely familiar with, on an intimate basis, a game called Farm Town. Farm Town is a virtual farm. You plow your land, plant your crops and reap the rewards (coins) of selling those crops at harvest time. You even have the ability to "prostitute" yourself in the village market by offering to harvest other farmers' crops. You can sell your farm for larger farms, purchase silos, waterwells, logs, barrels, pigs, chickens, roosters, goats....you get the picture. You beg your "farming" friends to send you gifts of animals and trees so that you will not have to make these expensive purchases yourself. After all, you are saving your coins so that you can buy that farming mansion and pond you've been lusting after on the neighboring farm. However, the future of Farm Town may be compromised. My son called earlier to let me know Facebook had a new virtual farm game called Farm Ville. He's at level

Monica, the Czar

I hope most of you are keeping up.  The Real Magnolias stories are not going to be consecutive posts as I do have other things going on in my life that I feel the need to write about.  Not alot mind you, but other things nonetheless.  :-) In the previous post, I mentioned Monica, the Czar.  Monica had a nasty habit of being the mom and trying to keep the rest of us from ever having any fun.  Thank goodness she was never successful!  However, one thing she was quite successful at was making new friends.  I use this term loosely as it was usually people she would pass on the street.  Monica felt it was her place to not only be the Czar in our lives, but also in lives of strangers.  For Monica never met a person she didn't take the opportunity to talk to.  When she would see someone that she thought she would be able to strike up a conversation with, she would stop them to talk.  Said conversation went something like this: Monica, the Czar: "Hey, do you have the internet?&quo

Revolution!

In 1968, the Beatles wrote a song entitled “Revolution”…which is the theme of my blog today. I believe it’s time for a good, old-fashioned revolution, or at the very least, a mediocre civil war between the conformists and non-conformists! You see, I’m a non-conformist…I refuse to go along with the crowd…a rebel per se! I march to the beat of my own drum. If I were born in a different time period, I would have been riding astride when all the other ladies were riding side-saddle. I would have been on the battlefield reloading muskets, wearing britches, while all the other ladies were taking care of the wounded. We have a president in office who has touted ‘change, change, change’ ever since he became the democratic nominee for president. However, his big plans for change have done nothing but flop like a fish on dry land. Everyone wants change, but we want change for the good of all, not for the good of those who choose to avoid work, moral ethics and abuse my tax dollars. I’m ready for